The Preston Candover Recreation Ground is located on the south-eastern edge of the village, off Wield Road, alongside the electricity sub-station. It was made available to village residents for “exercise and recreation” in the will of a local landowner, George Purefoy Jervoise in 1848. This was further consolidated in the Preston Candover Inclosure Act 1870. It is run by the Preston Candover Recreation Association, a registered charity. The ground covers an area of four acres and has a small pavilion incorporating changing rooms for players. There is also a skate board ramp located near the pavilion. Presently, the ground is mainly used by football teams, playing at week-ends, but it has the potential for much greater use by a wide variety of sporting and recreational groups.
Contact : Ken Green, Chairman of the Preston Candover Recreation Association. Tel. 01256 389 557
- Date:Jan 2013
- Labeled:Amenities & Recreation Facilities